As its autumn, I’ve been cooking with autumn veggies. Carrot cake was on my blogging list and this week I had some carrots I needed using up, so I baked some cake! My recipe is below.
150ml of sunflower oil (save some for greasing)
240g self raising flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
240g of muscovado sugar
Zest of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 orange
260g of carrots (grated) (I used 4 medium sized carrots)
180g of cream cheese
50g of butter
100g of icing sugar
Any nuts or raisins etc to top
- Have the oven on at 180C and grease two medium baking tins. In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix the sugar, zest and carrots into the bowl.
- Once combined, add the eggs and oil. This may look a bit runny at this point, but if it really is liquid, add some more flour.
- Pour into the cake tins and bake for 20/25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooking, mix up the frosting, put the butter, icing sugar and cream cheese in a bowl and put into the fridge.
- When the cake is done, make sure it is completely cool before putting the frosting on. I put some in the middle of the two cakes and all over the top!
- Put nuts, raisins and all sorts of goodies on top of the cake and serve!
Follow my blog or my Instagram for more!