This week, I’ve had two important birthdays; my boyfriends and my mums. For birthdays like this, I try to go the extra mile and make something for them, usually cake!
I tried to make a moist chocolate cake this year for my boyfriend, and it actually turned out really well! So I thought I’d share it, recipe below:
240g of butter
350g of sugar, I used brown
350ml milk, I used semi-skimmed
300g of self raising flour
6 big tablespoons of cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
- Have the oven set to 180 C and grease two circular cake tins.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and salt into one bowl. Get another bowl for the wet ingredients.
- In the second bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until combined. (Mine looked a little brown because of the sugar I used, but that’s ok). Then beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Put a little of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients bowl and mix together until incorporated, then add a splash of the milk. Repeat this process until all ingredients are mixed well in one bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before putting frosting/icing on
It seems like a bit of a pain to make with all the different bowls, but its honestly the best chocolate cake I have made!
Follow me on Instagram or on my blog for more!