I wanted to try something different after a gym session in the morning. I’ve seen loads of people making new meals for their new years resolutions – so I thought I’d try something new too! This week I’ve got a recipe for banana and blueberry pancakes for you!
This recipe serves 1 (3 thick American style pancakes, can also make 4 thinner pancakes for 2)
1 ripe banana
1 egg (beaten)
70g of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Splash of milk
Handful of blueberries
- Mash the banana until it is a puree then add the egg and mix together well.
- Add the flour and mix well, then add little splashes of milk until it resembles a batter mix.
- Add the cinnamon and blueberries and mix.
- In a hot pan, add a little oil. Spoon the batter into the pan to make a circular shape. (Don’t worry if you can’t make it a circle, mine were more oval!)
- Fry until golden brown then flip and do the same on the other side.
- Serve with whatever toppings you want! I had some yogurt and more blueberries!
The thing I love about pancakes is the fact you can change most things about the recipe and it would still be delicious. You could have sliced banana and syrup on top, or swap the flour for oats!
Follow my Instagram or my blog for more!