This week I made brownies for everyone at work (Practise for a bake off next week) I really liked them and they were honestly the best brownies I have ever made. Recipe is below:
180g unsalted butter
180g best dark chocolate
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
200g golden caster sugar
6 Cadbury’s Crème eggs cut in half, I also had reeces egg as some people didn’t like creme eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a 20 cm square baking tin. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a bowl over boiling water.
2. Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in the sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. I didn’t use an electric whisk and it took me a while. You will know it’s ready when the mixture becomes pale.
3. Make sure the chocolate mix in the fridge for a bit, it has to be cool before you mix it or the eggs will scramble. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, and then gently fold together.
4. Hold a sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and sift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly. Gently fold in to the mixture.
5. Pour into the baking tin and cook for 30 -40 minutes (depending on your oven) then take out of the oven (if the middle is cooked) gently press the cadburys crème egg halves into the mix, spacing them apart evenly. Put back in the over for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Leave to cool before removing from tin and cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Have fun baking!
Follow my blog or my Instagram for updates!